Top Manhattan Walk Up Rentals
A walk-up rental in Manhattan may sound like a modest space, but this is the heart of New York City we’re talking about here! Even non-essentials like a washer and dryer or elevator come with major price tags when you’re real estate hunting in Manhattan. We’ve seen a major increase in the number of buyers looking for walk-up properties in New York. It seems what’s old is new again for fashion, art and now, real estate too!
Is this because modesty is in or is it because people want the charm and heritage of a walk-up instead of the stark, sterile vibe of brand new spaces? Only time will tell, but for now let’s take a look at some of the top Manhattan walk-up rentals on the market.
- 2BR/2BA at 52 East 81st Street – A spot on the third floor of this building is available at a whopping $12,000 per month. This space puts you close to Manhattan landmarks like the Met Museum and you can always take a morning jog in Central Park, which is right around the corner. It’s a big price, but has all of the New York charm to boot.
- 3BR/1BA at 65 Bank Street in the West Village – To rent a space on the sixth floor of this building, prepare to pay $6,495 a month. That makes this space easier on the financial palette than other units on this list. For that price, you get ultra modern interiors, but retail that cool, relaxed exterior the West Village is known for. The building is also quaint, with only six floors to choose from.
- 2BR/1BA at 146 Orchard Street on the Lower East Side – When some people think LES, they think hipsters and studio apartments that cost way too much for what they are. You can expect to pay $6,750 a month for this two bedroom, one bath on Orchard Street, but a studio it’s not. It’s an open concept fit for those who love to display art or ornate furniture in a clean, modern space. The trek up the stairs is a long one, so wear good shoes.
- 2BR/2BA at 274 West 12th Street – This apartment is located on the fifth floor of this West 12th Street walk-up. While the place doesn’t come completely furnished, the owner is leaving behind the essentials like bed linens and bath towels for short term renters. The rustic floors are perfect for those who want a traditional vibe in their charming Manhattan walk-up.
- 2BR/2BA at 540 West 29th Street – For this walk-up on Manhattan’s West Side, you’ll pay $10,000 per month. It’s all about space for this apartment, considering the unit is a whopping 2,5000 square feet and there’s an additional 500 square feet for an outdoor terrace. For folks that love entertaining, this is definitely a space worth examining if you can pony up the rent each month. Right now this building is in the midst of a major construction zone, so making it up the stairs each evening will be the ultimate sigh of relief to leave the city’s chaos behind.